#KartiniMasaKini: Putri Ayu Larasati
“Women empowerment is about being inspired. There’s nothing
better than women supporting each other, right?”
Intending to help other women boost their confidence, she was inspired to step out of her comfort zone and challenged herself to open up her own female clothing brand, Céra Official. She has turned from an ordinary college girl to an inspiring #girlboss! Let’s find out more about Putri Ayu Larasati’s journey, one of Puyo’s inspirational women!
- How do you describe your current life?
Its exciting, but also exhausting. My life is a mixture of working and traveling. It’s pretty fun, I’m grateful.
- It seems like you like to travel, if you get to have a short escape trip with one person, who would it be and where would you go?
I’d go to Santorini with my sister (not telling you which one! Ha ha).
- What’s the best and worst thing being your own boss?
The best and worst thing about being my own boss are pretty much the same; no one can tell you what to do. That gives you the freedom on what, when, or how you want to work. But at the same time, you can’t procrastinate (even though no one could yell at you if you do!)
- Opening a business needs courage, don’t you feel scared? What gives you the courage?
Yes, of course it’s scary. Every milestones, every collection, or even photoshoots, still got me nervous every time. I think if it’s what you love, and what you believed in, you can always get through it. Having people that support you and help you with the preparation also helps a lot.
- What’s the biggest challenge you faced after starting up your own brand?
I think the biggest challenge is being consistent and keeping up with all trends that are happening. To always come up with new, fresh collections that my customers will love.
- What’s the most important thing you’ve learned as female entrepreneur?
The most important thing I’ve learned as a female entrepreneur is that you have to be able to manage your time. I started Céra when I was still in university, so I had to figure out how to study, and also run my business at the same time. From there I realized that in the future I will also be a wife, and a mom. I have to make time for everything, that’s why I think time management is very important.
- What was the inspiration behind starting Cera Official?
The ultimate goal when I first started Céra was I wanted all women to feel confident, and to look their best in my clothing.
- What does women empowerment means to you?
Women empowerment is about being inspired. I always love to read about other successful story from women all over the world. I think its important to have someone you look up to, to keep you inspired and motivated. There’s nothing better than women supporting each other, right? 🙂
- What is your favorite Puyo Desserts?
Silky milo, bubblegum, and lychee! (Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one)
- Say you are given a chance to speak in front of many Indonesian women. What is the most important message that you want to tell them?
I want to tell them that you can be whatever you want, as long as it is what you truly love and it makes you happy! Don’t be afraid to compliment other women, cause we’re stronger together 😉